A configurable framework for building a geographic "data dashboard" from a GeoJSON file. Open source,
MIT licensed, and available on GitHub.
- Flexible template built on active open source components
- Entirely client-side, can be hosted for free on GitHub Pages
- Built on the incredibly popular Bootstrap UI framework
- Maps via Leaflet, the
- Interactive data table with sorting, searching, column toggling, and data
export via the Bootstrap
- Advanced, interactive GeoJSON data querying that integrates jQuery
QueryBuilder with AlaSQL
- Advanced charting via C3.js, the D3-based reusable chart library
This dashboard is designed to fetch a GeoJSON file and present the data in an interactive environment
for exploration and analysis.
- Fork or download the GitHub repo.
- Open the assets/js/app.js file and edit the config and properties
- The drawCharts() function demonstrates how charts can be configured.
- Additional map layers can be added to the global map variable.
- Attempting to load huge GeoJSON files will likely cause browser issues.
- The properties.table object accepts Bootstrap Table column options.
- The properties.filter object accepts jQuery
QueryBuilder filter options.
- Setting the filter.values property to an empty array () will fetch all the distinct
values for that property.
- Setting the table, filter, or info objects to false will hide
them from that component.